The Douglas SBD Dauntless was a World War II American naval scout plane and dive bomber that was manufactured by Douglas Aircraft from 1940 through 1944. The SBD ("Scout Bomber Douglas") was the U.S. Navy's main carrier-borne scout plane and dive bomber from mid-1940 through mid-1944. The SBD was also flown by the lt U.S. Marine Corps, both from land air bases and aircraft carriers. The SBD is best remembered as the bomber that delivered the fatal blows to the Japanese carriers at the Battle of Midway in June 1942.
During its combat service, the SBD was an excellent naval scout plane and dive bomber. It possessed long range, good handling characteristics, maneuverability, potent bomb load capacity, great diving characteristics, defensive armament and ruggedness.
Now, VQ introduces the SBD Dauntless 46 size EP-GP as a super scale series. This Dauntless comes with scale flap, 2 x painted pilots, machine gun, antena. Also we have supply in the kit some scale detail make by ply wood sothat you can make your SBD look like a real one.
With the big battery hatch, you can use both Electric motor or Nitro engine.
- All Balsa and Light-Ply construction
- Fully covered with weathered detailing
- Fiberglass cowling
- Preinstalled painted pilot
- Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
- Three piece wing with Wing Joiner
- Fixed Undercarriage (Electric retracts sold separetly - VQARE16)
- Assembly instructions with stage-by-stage illustrations -
- [ Download ]
- Tail wheel assembly
- Fibreglass cowling
- 2 x Fibreglass painted pilot
- 2 x Plastic machine gun
- Wheels and wheels cover
- Scale detail by Ply wood
- Engine mounts
- Fuel tank
- Ply wood wing joiner
- Decals and all hardware
Required Hardware (Not Supplied)
- Transmitter, Motor, Propeller, Servos, Battery, Extension Leads, Glue, Tools and Silicone Fuel Line (For GP).
- Electric Motor & ESC - 50 Power Pack
- Servos - 5 (4 if EP) standard and 2 mini size servos (two aileron, two flap)
|Weight (Ready to fly):
||3.1kg - 3.2kg
||.46 - .52 (2 stroke) or .62 - .72 (4 stroke)
||7 channels with 7 (6 for electric) standard servos and 1 x mini servo)
||50 Power Pack
||5 cell 4500mAh LiPo battery