The F6F was best known for its role as a rugged, well-designed carrier fighter which was able, after its combat debut in early 1943, to counter the Mitsubishi A6M Zero and help secure air superiority over the lt Pacific Theater. Such was the quality of the basic simple, straightforward design, that 12,200 were built in just over two years.
Hellcats were credited with destroying a total of 5,223 enemy aircraft while in service with the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm. This was more than any other Allied naval aircraft. Postwar, the Hellcat was phased out of front line service but remained in service as late as 1954 as a night fighter.
Now, VQ Introduces the F6F HellCat .46 size EP-GP as a super scale series (3S). This HellCat come with 4 scale flap, 1 x painted pilots, machine gun, antena. Also we have supply in the kit some scale detail make by ply wood sothat you can make your F6F look like a real one.
With the big battery hatch, you can use both Electric motor or Nitro engine.
- All Balsa and Light-Ply construction
- Fully covered with weathered detailing
- Fibreglass cowling
- Pre-installed painted pilot
- Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
- Three-piece wing with Aluminium wing joiner
- Fixed undercarriage ( Rotating electric retracts sold separately - VQARE23 )
- Assembly instructions with stage-by-stage illustrations -
- [ Download ]
- Tail wheel assembly
- Fibreglass cowling
- 1 x Fibreglass painted pilot
- 2 x Plastic machine gun
- Wheels and wheels cover
- Scale detail by plywood
- Engine mounts
- Fuel tank
- Aluminimum wing joiner
- Decals and all hardware
Required Hardware (Not Supplied)
- Transmitter, Motor, Propeller, Servos, Battery, Extension Leads, Glue, Tools and Silicone Fuel Line (For GP).
- Electric Motor & ESC - 50 Power Pack
- Servos - TBC
|Weight (Ready to fly):
||3.5 kg (varies with equipment in use)
||.46 (2-Stroke) / .70 (4-Stroke)
||8-Chanels with 9 (8 servos for electric) servos (5 x standard servo and 4 x mini servo (for Flap))
||50 Power Pack
||Lipo 14.8V 5-Cell 4500mAh