The Republic P-47D Thunderbolt was a World War II era fighter aircraft produced by the United States from 1941 through 1945. Its primary armament was eight .50-calibre machine guns and in the fighter-bomber ground-attack role it could carry five-inch rockets or a bomb load of 2,500 pounds (1,103 kg). When fully loaded the P-47D weighed up to eight tons (tonnes) making it one of the heaviest fighters of the war. The P-47D was designed around the powerful Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp engine which was also used by two U.S. Navy fighters, the Grumman F6F Hellcat and the Vought F4U Corsair. The Thunderbolt was effective as a short-to-medium range escort fighter in high-altitude air-to-air combat and ground attack in both the World War II European and Pacific theaters.
The P-47D was one of the main United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) fighters of World War II, and served with Allied air forces including France, Britain. Mexican and Brazilian squadrons fighting alongside the U.S. also flew the P-47D.
Now , VQ Introduces the P-47D. 46 – 55 size EP-GP as a super scale series ( 3S). This P-47D comes with 2 scale flaps, 1 x painted pilots machine gun, antena. Also we have supply in the kit some scale detail make by ply wood sothat you can make your P-47D look like a real one.
With the big battery hatch, you can use both Electric motor or Nitro engine.
As an option, the Electric retracts with scale struts are a good choise for this P-47D, it makes this P-47D became one of the best Balsa sacle warbird 46 size in the market.
- All Balsa and lite-ply construction
- Fully covered with weathered detail
- Fibreglass cowling
- Preinstalled painted pilot
- Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
- Two piece wing with Aluminium Wing Joiner
- Fixed Undercarriage (Electric retracts sold separetly - VQARE29)
- Assembly instructions with stage by stage photos -
- [ Download ]
- Tail wheel assembly
- Fibreglass cowling
- 1 x Fiberglass painted pilot
- Wheels and wheels cover
- 3 x Plastic machine gun
- Scale detail by Ply wood
- Engine mounts
- Fuel tank
- Ply wood wing joiner
- Decals and all hardware
Required Hardware (Not Supplied)
- Transmitter, Motor, Propeller, Servos, Battery, Extension Leads, Glue, Tools and Silicone Fuel Line (For GP).
Recommended Hardware (Not Supplied)
- Electric Motor & ESC - Electrospeed Boost 50 motor
- Servos - 2 x MacGregor MG5510DS 9.98Kg.cm/0.12s Standard Digital Servo & 5 x MG1703DS 3.3Kg.cm/0.10s Midi Digital Servo
- IC Engine: Saito FA-82B 4-Stroke Glow Engine
||27.6oz/sq.in (84.3g/dm.sq) - Will vary with equipment used
||3.1 - 3.3kg (6.83 - 7.28lbs) - Will vary with equipment in use
||.46-.55 (2 stroke, .72-.82 (4 stroke)
||6 channels with 7 servos (6 for electric) - 2 x standard servos for elevator, rudder, and 4 x Mini servo (19g) for Aileron, Flap, Throttle
||Electrospeed Boost 50 motor or any Electric Motor same size with .46/2 stroke engine
||Lipo 14.8V 4500-5000 mAh